10 Ways to Promote Your Business Online for Free
Starting a business on a shoestring? Looking for ways to stretch your small business marketing budget? Online Marketing of a business doesn’t have to cost a lot. Here are 10 low-cost, high-impact methods to advertise and promote your business online.
Promoting a business is an ongoing challenge for small businesses. Whether you’re just starting out or have been in business for years, these proven advertising and digital marketing strategies will help your business find new customers without spending a fortune.
- Post Interesting information and pictures regularly to your social media accounts. The information or photos should be interesting for your audience. Tips on how they can improve their life or business or special offers are likely to get the most likes and shares. To boost your posts on social media sites, target the posts at groups of people who have a similar interest from your customers.
- Put videos of your product or service on YouTube and other video-sharing and slide-sharing sites. Also, post video demonstrations of how to use your products and reviews of your customers.
- Type a lot of emails. These are emails to people who you would like to do business with. Briefly describe what you do and ask for an appointment to talk to them about ways you can help them meet a need or solve a problem.
- Get samples of your product or your work into as many hands as possible. Also, tell them about your service period and quality.
- Learn to ask for referrals. Ask existing customers, prospects and casual acquaintances. When you get them, follow up on the leads over email.
- Use other people to sell your product or service. Instead of (or in addition to) selling your products yourself, look for affiliates, resellers or people who will generate leads for you in return for a commission on sales. Be sure your pricing structure allows for the fees or commissions you will have to pay on any sales that are made.
- Get together with businesses that serve the same market, but sell different products and services. Make arrangements for online business organizations to cross-promote each other’s goods and services by passing leads back and forth, sharing mailings, and making referrals.
- Have sales letters, brochures, flyers and other pertinent information online and ready to go. Ask prospects who seem reluctant to buy from you: “Would you like me to send information?” Follow up promptly with a note and an email that says, “Here is the information you asked me to send.”
- Run a contest. Make the prize something desirable and related to your business — it could be a free gift basket of your products, for instance, or free services. This is the trick which is considered a bait to attract a lot of customers by Web Marketing Experts.
- Promote your posts to targeted audiences on Facebook. This is an expensive way of getting your business in front of potential customers in targeted locations or who have interests that match what you sell.
“If none of these tricks attract customers to your website, you are either doing something wrong or there is something seriously wrong with your product.”
- Previous 5 Things to Consider When Hiring a Small Business Marketing Agency
- Next How are Cell Phones Reshaping Childhood?